That whole “No White After Labor Day” rule definitely doesn’t apply in the current fashion world. Just because it’s almost fall doesn’t mean you have to pack away your white skinny jeans. I brought mine to Seattle a couple weeks ago and even though it was cool and cloudy, I didn’t feel like they were out of place. There are a few things to keep in mind when styling them for the chillier months, but it’s easy to keep them in rotation year-round. To create a fall color palette, I wore them with brown booties, a dark floral cami and my go-to military jacket. Trust me, this will not be the last you see of them! I already plan on bringing them to Wyoming when we visit the in-laws this month (can’t wait to wear them with a cozy sweater!). Keep reading to learn 10 of my tips for styling white denim in the fall!
10 Ways To Style White Jeans For Fall:
- Pair them with neutral colors for a fall color palette (I stick with olive, burgundy, navy, gray, black and camel).
- Add a scarf to complete the look—and stay warm! This scarf would look perfect and it sold out last year, but it’s currently back in stock!
- Trade in your sandals for booties or over the knee boots.
- Try white on white, but pick a top that has more of an off-white shade. If you want to break up the monotone look, you could separate the two pieces with a brown belt.
- Layer a utility style jacket (as I did in this post) or a duster.
- Denim on denim works for any season, so pair your white jeans with a chambray shirt for a stylish version of the Canadian tuxedo.
- Add plaid. Because, duh, it screams fall!
- Try a floral print that is made up of darker colors.
- If they are high-waisted, tuck a shirt in or let a sweater hang over instead of pairing them with a crop top.
- Wear a cozy cable knit sweater. An oversized, slouchy fit balances out sleek skinny jeans.
Shop this post: