One ingredient that we like to have on hand in the kitchen is frozen shrimp, which we use to make pastas and tacos on a regular basis. They are great recipes for weekday dinners when you don’t want to spend your entire night cooking. These shrimp tacos are easy to make, filling and decently healthy.
The spicy sauce combined with the sweet mangoes create a well-balanced flavor. Pair them with a homemade margarita this Taco Tuesday for a tasty fiesta!
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle pepper in canned adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 fresh mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 lb. medium cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- small flour or corn tortillas
- Place mayonnaise, lime juice, sugar, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce and honey in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Set aside.
- Place butter in large skillet and melt over medium heat. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin and sea salt. Add shrimp and spice mixture to skillet and toss until fully coated and shrimp is hot.
- To assemble the tacos, place several pieces of shrimp in each tortilla. Top with mango, avocado and prepared dressing. Add a squeeze of lime juice and garnish with cilantro, if desired.