This post has been sponsored ZonePerfect. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer is the season for road trips! While Rob and I were in Washington a couple weeks ago we took a road trip with my family to Lake Chelan. It’s about three hours west of Seattle and has been our annual vacation spot ever since I was a baby. Now that my sister and I are grown up and I live out of state it’s been harder to get everyone together. However, this was the first summer in seven years that we were all able to go again! The drive over is very scenic—it goes through the mountain pass, along several rivers and eventually you arrive at this blue, sparkling lake. On our way there we have a tradition of stopping in the cute Bavarian-themed town of Leavenworth and also getting candy at a quaint shop along the river. It’s a pretty quick drive, but I still like to be prepared with food, drinks and entertainment. Below are a few of my road trip essentials:
- Camera. You never know what you might find along a road trip. Sometimes the most photo-worthy spots are unplanned. While we were driving to Chelan I took a few snaps of the snowless ski resort, some baby deer and a cute ’50s diner that we stumbled upon. Your final destination isn’t the only place you’ll want to take pictures!
- Podcast or audiobook. For long car rides my husband and I like to download audiobooks to keep us entertained. We both like non-fiction books about psychology, but he also loves audiobooks about finance or business—this is my signal for a nap. For shorter rides I prefer listening to podcasts about blogging or entrepreneurship because they always motivate me and get my creative juices flowing.
- Water. I always bring a few water bottles with us in case we get stuck in the car longer than planned. Plus I like to keep hydrated so that I don’t have a headache or feel lethargic when we get to our destination. Just be mindful about the rest stop situation if you drink too much!
- Comfortable outfit. Comfort is key when it comes to road trips. My go-to car ride outfit during the summer consists of stretchy denim shorts, a lightweight top and slip-on sandals. This striped top is so soft and comes in several colors.
- Snacks. Last, but not least SNACKS! I get hangry if I go for a while without eating, so I definitely make sure to bring food along. I usually keep some kind of bar in my purse even when I’m just running errands at home. ZonePerfect® Revitalize nutritional bars are the perfect pick-me-up because they give me both a mental and physical boost. They contain 11 grams of protein, caffeine through green tea extract and choline, which is a micronutrient that supports brain health. Instead of feeling sluggish from mindlessly eating junk food during the car ride, I feel energized and ready to explore when we get to our final destination! They are currently available at your local CVS, Walgreens, Target or Amazon.com. Use this coupon to save up to $1.50!
My road trip outfit details: