I love pumpkin-flavored anything and don’t care if that makes me a basic b. One thing on my fall to-do list was to make doughnuts, so I decided to incorporate my favorite fall drink. This was my first attempt at making baked doughnuts and I was surprised by how easy it was! They turned out to be very flavorful and moist, plus the glaze complemented it perfectly. It was the perfect Sunday morning treat to have with my coffee and football!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Latte Doughnuts
For the doughnuts
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup strong coffee
For the icing:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. coffee, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bow, whisk together the flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and coffee. Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Evenly pour batter into doughnut pan or mini muffin pan. I made 6 doughnuts and about 17 doughnut holes. Bake for 15 – 25 minutes, until lightly browned on top. I used the toothpick test, too, like I do for cakes or cupcakes.
- While the doughnuts are baking, whisk together the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice, then mix in the melted butter and coffee. If the mixture gets to thick, add a little more coffee or milk.
- Remove doughnuts from oven, then dip into the glaze when they are cool enough to handle (they should still be pretty warm so that they soak in the glaze). Place on wax paper to dry/cool. Or eat warm :) enjoy!