When I visited my family in Seattle last month my mom had a little bag of goodies for me since I wouldn’t be home to open my stocking at Christmas. One of my favorite things was a dark chocolate bark with pretzels and peppermint. The salty, sweet, minty combination is perfect! I shared it with my husband when I got back to Vegas and he also LOVED it, so I decided to make my own! It only takes three ingredients and hardly any time or skill. It’s a great treat for the holidays!
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Bark
- 10 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed pretzels
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sprinkle with half of the pretzels and candy canes, then set aside.
- Microwave chocolate chips, stopping to stir every 30 seconds until melted. Pour over the pretzels and candy canes on the baking sheet and use a spatula to create a thin, smooth layer. Sprinkle with remaining pretzels and candy canes.
- Place in refrigerator to harden, about 30 minutes. Once solid, break chocolate into pieces. Enjoy!