Chilly, fall weather calls for classic comfort foods like macaroni and cheese! Take it from great to gourmet with this grownup version of the kid-friendly meal. The sharp white cheddar cheese and poblano peppers add sophistication and spice to this simple, savory dish.
- 1 large poblano pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon crumbles
- 2 cups macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- Grill poblano pepper until skin blackens. Remove from heat, place in bowl and cover with cling wrap. Let stand for 10 minutes before peeling and deseeding. Chop up and set aside.
- Cook cream over medium heat , stirring frequently, until reduced by half. Stir in cooked noodles, chicken, bacon crumbles and chopped pepper.
- Add cheese. Cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. Gently stir in red crushed pepper flakes and tomatoes.
- Eat up!