Another resolution I made for 2013 is to make some crafts from Pinterest. I pin so many projects that seem pretty easy and look really cute! The “before and after” projects are my favorite. It’s amazing how a cheap (and sometimes ugly) piece of furniture from a thrift store can be transformed with just a little bit of paint! I found this bookshelf for $6.99 at Goodwill and decided I would take some pointers from Pinterest to make a unique piece.
Before & After
Although I was a little intimidated, it turned out to be a pretty easy project!
- Sand paper
- Paint brushes (make sure they have fine bristles otherwise it will leave brush marks)
- Semi-gloss paint (I used the color “dark graphite” from Home Depot’s Behr brand)
- Sand the piece of furniture so that it is smooth and clean
- Wipe it down with a damp cloth and let it dry
- Paint on one or two coats of primer; wait for it to dry between coats
- Paint on a coat of the colored paint; let it dry before painting one or two more coats