As much as I like sweets, sometimes I want something with a little salt and spice to start my morning. This pineapple salsa quesadilla is full of flavor and does just the trick! Last time I was browsing at Trader Joe’s I came across their pineapple salsa, which tastes amazing with everything from chips to burritos. It’s the perfect combo of sweet and spicy, so I decided to add it to a breakfast quesadilla. It’ll definitely start your day on a good note!
- 1 uncooked flour tortilla (Tortilla Land)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low-sodium black beans
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1/4 cup pineapple salsa (from Trader Joe’s)
- Scramble eggs (I used one full egg, and only the egg white of the other).
- In a separate pan, cook one side of the tortilla over medium heat, then flip. Top cooked side with cheese on one side and spread salsa on the other. Top with beans and scrambled eggs. Fold in half. Enjoy!