It’s that time of year… back to school! Target is full of school supplies, football is back on TV and summer vacation is coming to an end. Bring out your inner child with this twist on the classic school lunch. I’ll put it this way: brownie + peanut butter cookie + jelly roll = peanut butter & jelly cookie bars. This unbeatable combo creates the ultimate sweet treat. Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 18 oz creamy peanut butter (one small jar)
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups raspberry jam (or any favorite flavor!)
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan. Line with parchment paper, then grease and flour.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and peanut butter. Mix until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to peanut butter mixture and mix on low until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of dough into pan. Evenly spread jam on top. Drop small, flattened pieces of remaining dough on top of jam. Sprinkle on peanuts.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Get a glass of milk ready and enjoy!