This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MemoriesInTheBaking #CollectiveBias
There’s no question that my love of baking comes from my mom. We spend a lot of time during the holiday season making cookies and other sweet treats for our friends and family. When I was in college I would come home a lot on the weekends and make our traditional recipes to take back to my roommates. We also wrap them up and give them as gifts to friends and neighbors every year. It’s just not Christmas without her snowball cookies, chocolate-dipped shortbread cookies and peanut butter balls!
This year I decided to add a little twist to our classic peanut butter ball recipe. I’m always inspired by the seasonal baking items at Target, so when I found these M&M’s® Holiday Baking Minis I thought they would add a festive touch to my favorite treat. I also mixed some Quaker Oats into the peanut butter, which gives them a really nice texture. I used the Glad® holiday packaging to bring them to work as a way to spread more holiday cheer!
Mom’s Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned Quaker Oats
- 1/2 cup M&M’s® Holiday Baking Minis
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp (do not soften!)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 18 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 inch square para wax
- Mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, oats, butter and vanilla. Once combined, gently stir in the M&M’s®.
- Roll mixture into one-inch balls and place on cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Chill in refrigerator until hard.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and wax over medium-low heat. Using a toothpick, dip cold balls into chocolate and place back on wax paper. Remove toothpick and place M&Ms’® baking bit over the hole. Store in refrigerator.
You can find more holiday recipes and ideas along with great savings Quaker, Glad® and Mars have to offer at Target. Check out more tasty treats here!
What are you favorite holiday baking memories? I would love to hear about the cookies and and sweets that you make with friends and family!