Looking for a hearty breakfast that will keep you full throughout the morning? These pancakes, made with oats, are a must-try. Oats have so many health benefits. I wouldn’t exactly call these “healthy” because of the added ingredients, but they will definitely keep hunger away until well after lunchtime. My boyfriend and I ate them before going on a hike and it kept us full and energized the entire time!
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup oats (quick or old-fashion)
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. group cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (nonfat or 1% fat)
- 1 egg
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk, butter and egg. Add to oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Lightly coat griddle with cooking spray and set to medium heat. Spoon about 3 Tbsp. of batter onto griddle. When the top starts to bubble, flip pancake. Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup or fruit!
Next time I want to try making them with Greek yogurt and adding blueberries or bananas. I’ll let you know how those turn out :)