I’m a snacker and if I don’t eat every few hours I get hangry—my fiancé can attest to this. To prevent this from happening, I like to keep a granola bar or little treat in my purse. Since granola bars can be full of sugar and kind of expensive, I decided to make some of my own no-bake bites. These little energy balls are the perfect pick-me-up to bring to work or on other long outings. They are relatively healthy, but I added some chocolate chips to satisfy my sweet tooth.
No-Bake Energy Bites
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup toasted coconut flakes (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, stir together all ingredients until fully combined. I found it easiest to use my hands instead of a wooden spoon. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll into balls that are about 1″ in diameter.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.