Last weekend my boyfriend and I went to check out M&M World on the Vegas strip. My favorite part was the samples, of course. Although they could have given out larger helpings… 3 mint M&M’s is not enough to satisfy my chocolate cravings, but they are delicious. We also watched a surprisingly entertaining 3D movie, called “I Lost my ‘M’ in Vegas.’ It was a ten-minute film about the red M&M gambling away his ‘M’ and having to get it back.
The store also sold a lot of M&M themed merchandise, such as cups, clothes, kitchen utensils, etc. It was all really cute! Kind of overpriced, but I guess that’s expected. Another cool feature is that you can personalize your own M&M’s. From colors to images, you can make unique chocolate candies! Overall, it was a very fun and festive experience! And got me craving chocolate… hence this brownie recipe below :)
Seeing all of the M&M’s inspired me to do some baking! I decided to add the peanut butter M&M’s to one of my favorite brownie recipes. You can’t go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate!
Peanut Butter M&M Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups peanut butter M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9×13 baking pan with cooking oil.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add sugar and stir constantly for one minute, until combined.
- Pour butter mixture into bowl of standing mixer. Add cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Mix well until combined. Then mix in flour.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the M&M’s into the batter (save some to sprinkle on top of batter).
- Pour into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle on remaining M&M’s and bake for 30-35 minutes, until toothpick comes out mostly clean. I’m a fan of gooey brownies, so I make sure to never bake it too long.
- Let cool or eat while it’s warm and the M&M’s are nice and melted :)