Looking for a tasty, festive dessert to bring to a St. Patrick’s Day party? With the green color and mint/chocolate combination, these cheesecake bars are the perfect treat. They taste amazing and are easy to make! You can use the left over liqueur to make some green cocktails, too!
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (I used double stuff Oreos)
- 4 Tablespoons butter (melted)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Creme de Menthe liqueur
- 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350 F
- Lightly grease 9×9 baking pan with cooking spray
- Mix the melted butter and Oreo crumbs in a small bowl. Press them evenly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, eggs, sugar, Creme de Menthe liqueur and peppermint extract. Beat until you have a smooth, green mixture (it might take a few minutes, so be patient!).
- Take the crust out of the oven and pour the cheesecake mixture over it. Then bake for 30 minutes. You want the cheesecake layer to be set and for the edges to be golden brown.
- Once it has finished baking, let it cool.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl (If it is too thick, melt some butter with it, too). You can either drizzle it over the top and make a layer that covers the cheesecake part, which is what I did.
- Cut the bars right away before the chocolate hardens. Then let it set and store in an airtight container in the fridge.