Surprisingly, I don’t only live off of sugar (as many of my posts would lead you to believe). For a healthy side salad to go with our grilled skirt steak, I whipped up this easy salad with cucumbers, red bell peppers, garbanzo beans and feta cheese tossed in extra virgin olive oil. It’s cool and refreshing—perfect for summer days. It will definitely be my go-to dish to bring to barbecues in the hot months ahead.
- 1 cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15 oz.) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
Combine cucumber, red bell pepper, garbanzo beans and feta cheese in a large mixing bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper, then toss until fully coated.