I originally posted this recipe almost two years ago when I had zero tolerance for spicy food. Back then I was skeptical when my boyfriend (now fiancé) suggested we make jalapeño poppers. Turns out they were delicious and not too hot! Since this was such an easy and tasty appetizer, I made them again last weekend for our Super Bowl party. This time I used more jalapeños and bacon, but the same amount of cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. It’s not really a science, so play around with it and enjoy :)
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 10 jalapeños
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 oz packet of ranch salad dressing mix
- 10 pieces of uncooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a cookie sheet with foil, then set aside.
- Cut of the step of the jalapeños, then cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membrane, which is where most of the spice comes from. A serrated grapefruit spoon works great!
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cream cheese and dressing mix then spoon into halved jalapeños.
- Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap around stuffed jalapeños and put a toothpick through it horizontally to hold it in place.
- Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, until bacon is fully cooked (the more you make, the longer it takes to cook).
- Wait until the are cool enough to handle, then dig in!