Happy Taco Tuesday! For a summer-inspired meal, these sweet and spicy tacos will hit the spot. The fresh flavors and vibrant colors create a delicious dish that pairs perfectly with a fruity margarita!
I love topping tacos with fruit salsas, which make for a clean, refreshing dish. The sweet and citrusy flavors complement the savory fish while the chipotle crema adds some spice.
Now let’s get this fiesta started with these tasty tacos!
Beer-Battered Fish Tacos with Pomegranate Mango Salsa
For the fish:
- 2 pounds fresh white firm-flesh fish fillets (I used cod), cut into bite-sized strips
- Beer batter mix
- 1 cup beer
- oil for frying
For the salsa:
- 1 mango
- arils from half of a pomegranate
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Chipotle Crema
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. buttermilk
- 1 canned chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 Tbsp. adobo sauce
To assemble tacos:
- 1 avocado, diced
- small flour tortillas
- For the salsa: Peel the mango and cut out pit. Dice and place into medium-sized bowl. Add the pomegranate arils, jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice. Toss until combined and season with salt and pepper. Set aside in refrigerator.
- For the Chipotle Crema: In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, buttermilk, minced chipotle chile and tablespoon adobo sauce. Stir until combined, then cover and place in fridge.
- For the fish: Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towels. Stir beer batter mix with 1 cup beer and whisk until smooth. Dip fish in batter and coat evenly, shaking off excess batter. Deep fry at 375F until golden brown.
- To assemble tacos: Place fried fish on tortilla. Top with salsa, then drizzle with chipotle crema. Sprinkle on avocado. Enjoy!!