You’ll fall for this Fall Breakfast Medley. Made with maple sausage, sweet potatoes and caramelized apples, it’s the perfect sweet and salty breakfast for a crisp, fall morning. It’s quick and easy to make, so weekend mornings can be spent watching football and lounging on the couch instead of working away in the kitchen.
- 1/2 package of Jimmy Dean Premium Pork Maple Roll Sausage (8 ounces)
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 small Gala apples, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, fried or scrambled
- Cook sausage as directed on package with the onion. Drain and set aside.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Place in medium saucepan and cover with water by about one inch. Stir in 1 tsp. of salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in sugar until combined and the sugar starts to dissolve. Add apples and cook for 8-10 minutes (stirring frequently), until tender and golden brown. It should start to smell caramelized. Set aside on low heat to keep warm.
- Drain potatoes and combine with sausage mixture and apples. Mix well and top with eggs.