Mmm, breakfast! Nothing is better than something cooking in kitchen on a weekend morning! Especially buttery, flaky crescent rolls that taste as amazing as they smell. I decided to throw in some other favorite ingredients, such as maple sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese, to make this delightful meal! Biting into the crispy, yet chewy crust gives way to the cheesy, flavorful filling. What more could you ask for?! It’s great for brunch or to split between only a couple of people if you’re really hungry! I could have easily eaten at least half… it’s that good! Plus it’s really simple to make and doesn’t require many ingredients. Enjoy :)
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs, scrambled
- 1/2 cup Mexican style cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup maple sausage, cooked
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay out crescent dough in a star shape (see photo below)
- Cook sausage and scramble eggs.
- Place sausage in middle of crescent dough. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, scrambled eggs and remaining cheese.
- Fold pointed tips of dough over the filling, meeting in the middle.
- Bake for 15 -20 minutes, until golden brown. Make sure that all layers of dough are fully cooked.
- Create 8 individual servings by slicing in between each crescent piece.
- Eat up!