With Labor Day behind us, it is officially boot season! My number one must-have for fall is a pair of cognac boots or booties because they are very versatile and instantly complete any outfit. I found this season’s staple at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale and have been eager to start pairing them with my favorite fall fashions.
It only takes a few classic pieces to put together a chic ensemble. By building up your wardrobe with simple, yet stylish pieces, you’ll be able to create a variety of outfits without spending too much money. You just need to start with several key pieces that are neutral and versatile. My five fall favorites include:
- Cognac Booties. These Sam Edelman booties (similar style found here) are my prized possession this fall. I’m excited to wear them with everything from boyfriend jeans to floral dresses.
- Black Skinny Jeans. Every closet should boast at least one pair of go-to black pants. Sleek skinny jeans are ideal because they can be tucked into tall boots or cuffed above booties during chillier times of the year. This pair of ultra-stretchy denim made by Citizens of Humanity is my favorite and can be fancied up for work or dressed down for weekend outings.
- Chambray Button-up. I invested in a chambray shirt from Madewell a couple of years ago and have definitely gotten my money’s worth. It is very versatile and great for layering, which is what fall fashion is all about.
- Rose Gold Watch. My favorite metal for accessories is rose gold, even my engagement ring has a rose gold halo. A fashionable watch can add instant sophistication and create a put together look with just the snap of a bracelet.
- Black quilted purse. Quilting is a popular texture this season and a classic Chanel bag (or knockoff, like mine) can dress up an otherwise casual outfit. The chained strap adds a fun detail to the outfit.