My boyfriend and I were drooling over an episode of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network that featured Cap’n Crunch French Toast from Blue Moon Cafe in Baltimore. After watching it, Rob thought he could make it, so he did and hence this recipe! With a crispy, crunchy crust and the soft, fluffy inside, this French Toast can’t be beat! It’s sweet, flavorful, and all-around amazing. The perfect lazy morning comfort food, it’s homestyle cooking with a twist. Get ready to be in a major food coma!
- 6 pieces Texas toast
- 2-3 cups captain crunch, crushed to medium consistency
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Pour Cap’n Crunch into a ziplock bag and crush until coarse. There should be some good-sized pieces left. Pour into shallow pan (I used a 9×13 casserole dish).
- Combine eggs, sugar, cream, vanilla and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture, like you would regular French toast.
- Coat dipped slice with cereal by placing it into pan and pressing the pieces into it. Make sure to coat the sides as well.
- Coat texas toast in batter
- Place on lightly greased skillet and cook over medium heat. The outside should be browned while keeping the inside soft, but cooked thoroughly.
- Top with syrup of fruit and enjoy!