Happy almost Cinco de Drinko! I mean Cinco de Mayo. I’m pretty excited that this festive holiday falls on Taco Tuesday this year! We will be making these pulled pork tacos to celebrate and since no Mexican meal is complete without a margarita, I wanted to share this blackberry jalapeño recipe! Blackberries were on sale at our local grocery store so I decided to make that the primary flavor. The jalapeño complements the sweet, yet tart taste of the berries and adds the perfect amount of spice. If you aren’t a heat seeker, just use a little less—you’ll still get the flavor without having too much kick. Now let’s get the fiesta started!
Blackberry Jalapeño Margarita
- 4 slices of fresh jalapeño (more or less depending on how spicy you like it!)
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 2 oz. agave
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. blackberry liqueur
- 4 oz. tequila
- margarita salt and half of a lime for the rim
- Coat the edge of your glass with a fresh lime. Dip in salt and tap to remove extra.
- Muddle the jalapeño slices and blackberries in a shaker, then add agave, fresh lime juice, blackberry liqueur and tequila. Add ice and shake well.
- Strain into prepared glass. A fine-mesh cocktail strainer works better than the shaker attachment because it will catch more of the seeds and pulp. Add ice, then garnish with a jalapeño slice or lime wedge and serve.