With Easter right around the corner, it’s about time I make a festive egg recipe! I decided to add a twist to classic deviled eggs by adding bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. Not only are they fun for Easter, but they would also be great for summer barbecues. I mean anything with bacon added is a crowd-pleaser. P.S. Bacon Jam recipe coming soon!
Bacon Cheddar Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 2 Tbsp. finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- minced green onions to garnish
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover with water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat. Once it has reached a boil, remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 12 minutes. Transfer to a colander and place under cool running water to stop them from cooking. Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise, placing the yolks in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add mayo, sour cream, mustard and cheese to egg yolks and stir until smooth and creamy. Mix in bacon crumbles (saving a few to sprinkle on top).
- Transfer to a large Ziplock bag. Use scissors to snip one of the corners to create a small hole. Pipe the yolk mixture into the egg halves. Top with remaining bacon and green onions. Serve immediately or refrigerate.